Premier Inn Hub, Torrington Place, WC1E
Torrington Place Ltd
Form of Contract
JCT Prime Cost 2011
BarAxiom Architects, Avison Young, Applied Energy
We were appointed to complete this project after the previous main contractor had gone into liquidation. On inheriting a part-completed scheme, we had to undertake the full validation of mechanical, plumbing and electrical services plus identify all incorrectly constructed elements. These were then rectified in order to meet the final user’s specifications in terms of build quality and acoustic compliance.
Scope of works included:
- Removal of plant from the roof including air handling unit, condensers and generator in order to strip and lay new roofing system. A temporary roof was required in order to keep the building watertight throughout this operation.
- Completion of the plumbing, mechanical and electrical installations including rectification of previous substandard installations
- Completion of Lift installations.
- Drying out of the structure where water has ingressed due to faulty roof installations.
- Completion of lift, built in furniture and glazing installations.
- Decorations and floor finishes throughout.
- External works including formation of bin enclosures, roof plant enclosures.
Close liaison was had with the other building occupiers, including department stores, who shared the building and needed to continue their day to day operations unhindered.